Legalmosaic provides consulting services for consumers, providers, educators, and prospective investors in the legal vertical. Tailored solutions for client objectives are delivered for each of the stakeholder groups—service providers, consumers, investors, and educators– typically emanating from financial stress caused by accelerated change in the legal vertical. Speaking engagements, seminars, and short courses are also offered. Common topics include: changes in legal delivery; new models for law firm/legal service delivery, regulatory overviews and global practice, integration of the legal supply chain, emerging trends in legal service, legal education reform, and new models for addressing the access to justice crisis.
For Providers (law firms, service providers, product companies)
- new models/reconfiguration of delivery methods
- collaborative opportunities and referrals
- supply chain integration
- regulatory issues
- global expansion/networking
- creating new networks and models for delivery
For Consumers (OGC’s; Companies with limited in-house resources)
- New ways to reduce legal spend and reduce risk
- Evaluation of outsourced work network
- Exploring new supply chain options/referrals
- More effective in-house/outside collaboration
- Global strategies for procurement
- Developing meaningful metrics/scorecard
- Proactive measures to reduce spend/reduce risk
For Investors/Entrants to the Legal Space
- Market analysis and strategy
- Critique of target/exploration of options
- Due diligence on acquisition targets
- Strategic advice in advance of launch
- Ongoing consulting post-launch (advisory services)
- Evaluation and strategic marketing of products
For Education (not-for-profit and for profit)
- Core-curriculum pairing with practicum program
- Additional courses for market-readiness
- Placement counseling/strategy development
- Development of post-graduation placement/training programs
- Working with Development/Advancement Officers
- Evaluation of revenue sources/building strategic alliances
- Client Profile: Global Professional Services Company
Engaged by global strategic innovation team to revise proposed plan to integrate legal consultancy practice across multiple countries and to leverage company brand and resources to become a major player in the legal industry. This included consideration of regulatory issues, IT platforms, and creation of a novel form of law firm to work with service providers.
- Client Profile: Global Legal Process Outsource Company
Engaged by CEO and senior management of a large LPO with operations in U.S. as well as overseas. Deliverable was to create two-company model to enable LPO to create a law firm to leverage off its brand recognition and infrastructure and to integrate the legal supply chain.
- Client Profile: Global International Technology/ Consulting Company
Engaged by company and its strategic partner to determine applicability of established technology platform to the legal vertical. Work with parties to identify appropriate beta customers and assist in configuring platform to optimize its use for them as well as to prospective customers. Assist in devising strategy for target market and provide thought leadership to launch the product.
- Client Profile: “Low Bono” Law Firm
Engaged by Managing Director of innovative “Low Bono” law firm created by a leading law school and two AmLaw 100 law firms. The law firm will be managed and supervised by experienced partner-level attorneys who will oversee and train a team of recent law graduates who will be engaged by clients who do not qualify for pro bono representation and who cannot afford the going price for legal representation. This project will help to address the “access to justice” crisis.
My deliverables include: helping to create operations manual for the firm; counseling on the selection of an IT platform; working on insurance issues/procurement resulting from this novel law firm model; and providing mentorship to lawyers. This pro bono engagement will also include leveraging the model for replication in other jurisdictions.